The latest from the big data meets fitech world ...
* Xenomorph's TimeScape analytics and data management platform can now leverage Microsoft's Windows Azure cloud, leveraging Windows Azure Infrastructure Services. Says Xenomorph CEO Brian Sentance: "Some of our clients have followed the pattern of successful on-premise deployment and once this business logic is production proven, they then want to move it offsite. This new capability for TimeScape is a direct response to that need."
* 1010Data has released version 6 of its cloud analytics platform. Included are improvements to the company's Trillion Row Spreadsheet interface, faster importing of data, more advanced in-database analytics and machine learning functions.
* Arialytics has introduced its Aria platform, a big data processing and predictive analytics system aimed at the investment research function. Data cleansing functions are built in to ensure that analytics product optimum results for investment, hedging or risk strategies.
* Teradata has introduced Teradata Intelligent Memory, adding in-memory functionality to its data warehouse products. The technology assesses the 'heat' of data - how often it is accessed - to keep just the 'hot' data in memory. Teradata reckons that 90% of queries are directed to just 20% of datasets.
* IBM has introduced IBM InfoSphere BigInsights Enterprise Edition V2.1, incorporating a Big SQL interface for accessing Hadoop, and also allows the General Parallel File System to be used as an alternative to HDFS.